Data Scientist position at SilviaTerra

Hi all,

I posted a Data Engineer position opening at SilviaTerra a couple weeks ago, but we now have a second opening, this one in the Data Science group. We are a rapidly growing venture-capital backed company developing new forestry-based tools to fight climate change and biodiversity loss. We currently use Python, R, and Stan to predict forest composition and structure in the US in support of forest carbon and biodiversity projects in the context of our Natural Capital Exchange (NCAPX) marketplace. The person who takes this job will work directly with me to help scale, validate, and improve our modeling efforts, with an eye to quantifying uncertainty for pricing and decision-making. While I’m not directly involved in the hiring process, I’m still happy to answer whatever questions I can about the company or the nature of our work. This is a fully remote position in a very collaborative group in a great team of people. It’s a good opportunity to do applied work on interesting problems that have important applications, and the person joining at this time will have the potential to make a big impact on model development and methodology. Please encourage any qualified candidates to apply at:

Thanks!

10 Likes