Elections for the Stan Governing Body 2024

Hi all,
I’d like to self-nominate for a one year term.

Stan was my entry point into Bayesian statistics around 2017. Since then, Bayesian statistics has become main focus of my work, including collaboration on Bayesian workflow and the SBC package. Despite nabbling into theoretical developments I consider myself primarily an applied statistics person and have worked on a number of applications of Bayesian methods.

I have contributed some, but not a lot of code and documentation to Stan math, brms and cmdstanr.

Between 2019-2021 I held the position of community manager for this forum. Since then I had to take a bit of a break from participating in the community.

I’d like my participation in SGB to be a delayed continuation of my work on the forums. I’d like to focus on keeping the community welcoming to new people while making sure active members/contributors are appreciated. It would also be a good opportunity to get back to some projects on improving those forums I have shelved when I left the community manager position e.g. Restructuring The Forums - Kick-off

9 Likes