Summer job position in Aalto, Finland, for Bayesian workflow and Stan

If you have used Stan (or some other probabilistic programming framework) and would like to spend summer in Finland in my research group at Aalto University, I have funding for 3 months for one master level student (salary 2000-2200EUR/month). In addition of salary and interesting topic, we can offer very lively research environment with many people working on related topics and beautiful Finnish summer. It’s easy to get visa for visits which are maximum 3 months. If you are interested send me CV and description of your experience about Stan and Bayesian inference. If you know someone who might be interested (and has some Stan and Bayesian experience) please forward.

I’m also happy to have other visitors, but this year I have smaller chance to support visitors financially, but if you have your funding I can at least arrange desk and great research environment for you.

EDIT: The department funded position is now filled. I’m still happy to get visitors with their own funding.

18 Likes

Including Ph.D. students in their first couple of years or only those seeking a master’s degree?

3 Likes

Everything is possible, if you know someone who would be great at any level, master student, phd student, postdoc, professor, in a company, etc. we can talk.

I was in Aalto last summer and, for anyone reading, can confirm that Aalto and Helsinki are wonderful! Here is a photo from when Aki took our group out for a kayaking trip around the islands near Helsinki. We stopped to sunbathe and swim on one island then kayaked to a another island’s beach, had a pull up context, and played volleyball!

The research group is full of fantastic people to work with! Very diverse group of folks who have a lot of fun ideas

8 Likes