Book request for lending library: McElreath: Statistical Rethinking: A Bayesian Course with Examples in R and Stan

I am particularly interested in getting newbies working with Stan. A basic introduction I know of is McElreath: Statistical Rethinking: A Bayesian Course with Examples in R and Stan. The explanation of Bayesian analysis with only counting is a work of art.

However, the book is $85 on Amazon which is a tough sell to my waitron at Mugs Ale House who happens to have a fresh BA in Economics and Math from Villanova. So, does anyone have a copy that they are done with and willing to contribute to my lending library? This is a donation request, you cannot expect to get your copy back.

Ultimately I’d like around 10 copies for loaning out purposes. I will update when I figure out a mailing address.

Thanks

Breck

Got a solution for the library.

Thanks

Breck

If you want to learn Stan, that book is of no use. Read the documentation and read/run examples.

Wow, handing out physical books by mail?

I think you might want to work on a simple case study that goes over the material you find compelling that you can point people to on the web.