What journal for Stan model tutorial?

Hi all!

A colleague and I have translated some Dynamic Structural Equation Models (time series) from MPlus to Stan. We are writing a shorter tutorial style paper, with some small examples of application to psychology. Since this is our first foray in publishing something related to Stan, we were wondering what journal outlets might be suited for something like this (it is written with a psychologists audience in mind, although we could make this more inclusive).

Thanks!

Jean-Paul

2 Likes

Have you thought about Wiley’s Applied AI Letters (see here: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/26895595) journal? I used to be an editor and it would seem a good fit given what you describe (which I fear, while useful, might lack enough “novelty” for some venues).
Hope that helps.
Simon

1 Like

Given the specific translation you’ve targeted, I’d turn the question back to you and ask where MPlus-based papers in psychology are typically published? Even if they don’t usually do tutorial-style papers, they might be open to getting an effort like yours published for the benefit of their usual readership.

My very-much noob-level search on this bring up some journals that I have no specific background to evaluate: Google Scholar

Aside: It’s really positive to see efforts like this, a number of others on this forum have posted models related to reaction time and choice models so once they see your question you might get better answers.

1 Like

I had not. I will check it out. Thank you!

I guess that’s another route to take, thanks for the suggestion!

Have a preprint anywhere? I’d love to take a look!

Not yet, but getting pretty close. I’ll definitely post it twitter when we do!

2 Likes