Time-line for next release?

Hi!

Stan 2.27 is approaching. What is our release schedule wrt. to freeze, etc.? @rok_cesnovar ?

I would like to make sure adjoint ODE is in math in time.

Best,
Sebastian

1 Like

Hey,

the provisional timeline is:

• 18th May: release candidate/feature freeze
  • 25th May: release in case of no larger issues with the RC

These are all end-of-day anywhere on Earth, so its more like 19th/26th for Europe.

The schedule is flexible in case of any holiday seasons, but as far as I know there are not any holidays in the US at that time.

Hi!

Great. So let’s put that in our calendars. That leaves me still some time to settle the adjoint ODE stuff, but it’s usually more work than one anticipates so having good 3 weeks here is very helpful. After all, someone needs to review it also…

What things are already mature enough at this point to make the line? I am just curious (varmat?). Maybe the usual issue for the release management would be good… but no hurry!

Best,
Sebastian

Yeah, varmat is now ready in the backend and there will be some stanc3 movement next week wrt to that. I hope it wont be a last minute effort, but lets not jinx ourselves.

Apart from that, there is the parallel services, but I am not sure what is @stevebronder’s timeline is for that.

Good call. Will open over the weekend or early next week.

Bump?!

1 Like

Here is the release checklist: