We’ve now ran a few STAN training course with @betanalpha and Sarah Heaps. Due to the usual issues of participants installing software on their own machines, we’ve become fairly adept at running Stan via RStudio and/or python notebooks in the cloud. Our typical setup is:
- URL: XXX.jumpingrivers.training
- Running in a docker container on Digital ocean
- Usernames/passwords for each participant
- Sudo user for the trainer
- Each user has course material in their home area
If you run training courses and would like to have this as a backup (or the main event), feel free to contact me.
We’re are happy to provide (free) advice on how to set it up or provide it as a (paid) service.
At some point, we’ll write a blog post on the details, but there’s always something else that gets in the way.