Second Faculty of Medicine of the Charles University in Prague (Czech Republic, EU) will open 1-2 positions in biostatistics/bioinformatics under Karel Fišer and partially with me.
The aim is to hire people to handle a subset of:
- Consulting with students and researchers on statistical analyses of medical data
- Performing statistical analysis for selected projects
- Develop pipelines and tools for analysis of flow cytometry data
- Develop pipelines and tools for analysis of RNA-seq data
Where the exact subset can be tailored to a specific applicant. We generally aim for someone junior as we unfortunately can’t offer very big salary. It would be great to get someone who has experience with Stan (most people that have ever posted on the forums would IMHO qualify :-), but is not a requirement.
- Some background in at least one of: programming, statistics/data science, bioinformatics
- Willingness to learn
- Kindness and good communication
- You don’t need to have any sort of degree, although finished university education would be a plus.
- That’s all
We can offer:
- Kind treatment
- Mentoring and support
- 40 hour workweek (less than full-time is also possible)
- Research that can have direct positive impact on people’s lives
- Full health care coverage
Exact start date is negotiable, but needs to be this year.
An official call is not out yet, but I’d be super happy to hear from potential applicants before, so that we make sure we do not exclude some of you due to a stupid formality in the process.
If you are interested, message me on Discourse or at firstname.lastname@example.org