Library(cmdstanr) in shinyapps.io path not set

Hi all

While publishing my shiny app to shinyapp. io, i get an error on library(cmdstanr) saying that the path is not set correctly.

From this article: Chapter 2 Getting Started | shinyapps.io user guide , i can see that the rsconnect takes care of all included packages coming from CRAN or Github.

Still, i get below error:
Warning: Error in : CmdStan path has not been set yet. See ?set_cmdstan_path.

I tried to install the package anyway in shinyapp. io, but that doesn’t work either.

Any idea on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!
Gus

There’s some additional setup for cmdstanr that is needed (installing cmdstan), see the getting started guide for more info: Getting started with CmdStanR • cmdstanr

Hi, Thanks for your response.
For running the application locally, I indeed installed cmdstan without a problem.

The issue now is that when i want to run it on shinyapps. io, the library doesn’t seem included. As per the documentation, it’s not required to install packages on shinyapps. io as they are loaded via rsconnect.

Is there some specific installation process for running cmdstan in the cloud?

Kind regards
Gus

While the package for cmdstanr is being installed automatically, the process for downloading and building cmdstanis not, because these are functions to be manually called by the user. You need to complete this for your cmdstanr installation to work