Dutch stan meetup

Dear Stan enthusiast,

It has been a while, but we will finally revive the Dutch Stan meetup!

The format will be slightly different than past editions: we will try to meet more regularly and we will not only invite speakers but we will also actively code in Stan! For the first meetup, we have chosen this blogpost on multilevel models. In this post, the models are run using brms but the goal for the meetup will be to code these models directly in Stan.

The meetup will take place at Utrecht Science park (precise location will follow) on Thursday, October 5 starting at 17:00. It is also possible to join via Teams, although we prefer to see many of you on location where we will also have pizza and drinks!

Please register for the meetup here.

Kind regards,

The organizing team

Sara van Erp, Misja Mikkers, Duco Veen, Gertjan Verhoeven

8 Likes

Very cool! I can only make it online and only for a short period, but I’ll do my best to be there.

1 Like

This is a gentle reminder of the Dutch Stan meetup happening next week! The meetup will take place on Thursday, October 5 starting at 17:00 at Utrecht University at the Marinus Ruppertbuilding room 002.

If you have not done so already, please register for the meetup (here) today or tomorrow so that we know how many drinks and pizzas to order. Also, feel free to forward this invitation to anyone who might be interested in the Stan meetup.

3 Likes