I have this DAG, which represents the following variables:
- G: exposure variable, two factors (control and treatment)
- S: Pre-treatment variable, Continuous
- PT: Post-treatment variable, Continuous
- Y: Outcome of interest, Continuous
Is there a way to estimate an unbiased contrast effect between the two factors of G across the values of PT using regression analysis? I ask this because my basic understanding of causal inference tells me that conditioning on PT would incur post-treatment bias on the estimate, as well as being a collider. @Solomon , I suspect you might be able to help here.
- Operating System: Windows 10
- brms Version: 2.19.0