Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on OneZero or CNN.
Position: Biostatistician / Data Analyst; Preferred location: Boston, MA or Berkeley, CA
Pivot Bio’s Scientific Computing team builds data infrastructure, and analyzes data to accelerate development of Pivot’s microbial product from lab discovery to on-farm product. The biostatistician will be an integral member of this team through data curation and statistical analysis that makes our R&D focused and effective. In this role they will build predictive models for in vitro and in planta microbial assays, and provide support for a variety of greenhouse and field experiments.
- Provide statistical guidance on experimental design and data integration by thinking critically about challenging and messy data.
- Assist with analysis of diverse datasets: from enzymatic and other in vitro assays to microbial genomic and transcriptomic data.
- Develop and operationalize processes to curate and ingest in vitro data into our database in close collaboration with the software team.
- Contribute to our data pipeline, building core reporting tables and infrastructure as needed.
- Help advocate for data driven decision making within the organization.
- Use mixed effect and bayesian hierarchical models as needed for understanding data throughout our lab-to-farm product pipeline.
Qualifications and Experience:
- MS in statistics / biostatistics, bioinformatics, or other quantitative biological or physical science. Some industry experience is preferred. Alternatively, BS with commensurate industry experience (at least 3-4 years).
- Experience analyzing biological data, and performing power analyses and design of experiments.
- Experience with mixed effect and bayesian hierarchical models is preferred.
- Microbiology and/or plant biology experience is preferred.
- Experience developing data ingestion pipelines, including data preprocessing and quality checks.
- Experience using Python, or R and some Python. Fluency in both R and Python is a plus.
- Experience using SQL and Git. Experience with the AWS ecosystem is a plus.
- Bioinformatics experience is preferred.
- Strong communication, data presentation, and documentation skills.
- Immediate start date preferred.
- Applicants with experience in the biological sciences and agricultural data are strongly preferred as this is not a business analytics or consumer focused role.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
Competitive package in a disruptive startup
Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability policies
Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
401(k) plan, 3% Match
Annual Training & Development support
Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team
Apply Here: https://grnh.se/5f4d0ca22us