Sampling issues with matlab stan

Short summary of the problem

I face issues with sampling on running the classic example provided in the link Getting Started · brian-lau/MatlabStan Wiki · GitHub. The following is the error I see.

output-1.csv: /home/…/MatlabStan-2.15.1.0/sample11: symbol lookup error: /home/…/MatlabStan-2.15.1.0/sample11: undefined symbol: _ZN3tbb10interface914global_control15internal_createEv
Warning: Stan seems to have exited badly.
output-2.csv: /home/…/MatlabStan-2.15.1.0/sample11: symbol lookup error: /home/…/MatlabStan-2.15.1.0/sample11: undefined symbol: _ZN3tbb10interface914global_control15internal_createEv
output-3.csv: /home/…/MatlabStan-2.15.1.0/sample11: symbol lookup error: /home/…/MatlabStan-2.15.1.0/sample11: undefined symbol: _ZN3tbb10interface914global_control15internal_createEv
output-4.csv: /home/…/MatlabStan-2.15.1.0/sample11: symbol lookup error: /home/…MatlabStan-2.15.1.0/sample11: undefined symbol: _ZN3tbb10interface914global_control15internal_createEv

Not sure if it has something to do with libraries. Would be grateful if any one can help resolve this issue and help run the programming through MATLAB.
code_to_run_your_model(if_applicable)

If possible, add also code to simulate data or attach a (subset of) the dataset you work with.

%From the link: https://github.com/brian-lau/MatlabStan/wiki/Getting-Started
schools_code = {
   'data {'
   '    int<lower=0> J; // number of schools '
   '    real y[J]; // estimated treatment effects'
   '    real<lower=0> sigma[J]; // s.e. of effect estimates '
   '}'
   'parameters {'
   '    real mu; '
   '    real<lower=0> tau;'
   '    real eta[J];'
   '}'
   'transformed parameters {'
   '    real theta[J];'
   '    for (j in 1:J)'
   '    theta[j] <- mu + tau * eta[j];'
   '}'
   'model {'
   '    eta ~ normal(0, 1);'
   '    y ~ normal(theta, sigma);'
   '}'
};

schools_dat = struct('J',8,...
                     'y',[28 8 -3 7 -1 1 18 12],...
                     'sigma',[15 10 16 11 9 11 10 18]);

fit = stan('model_code',schools_code,'data',schools_dat);

Operating System: Linux

Thanks much!

Unfortunately MatlabStan is not actively maintained by anybody, and is not supported. From the github repo it doesn’t look it’s been updated in almost four years.

Unfortunately I don’t believe there is a currently maintained way to interact with Stan through Matlab

One thing that you could try is to install a matching old version of CmdStan (2.15 if I recall correctly) and see if the problem goes away. Unfortunately we can’t provide much better support at this time…

Thanks for all your replies!