Rstan::stan - Error in cleanup_makevar(old) : argument "RMU" is missing, with no default

Hello,

I know this problem has been discussed in other post before but I can’t find a solution that works for me. When running rstan::stan I get the error:

Error in cleanup_makevar(old) : argument "RMU" is missing, with no default

I’ve seen that other people was asked to show the results from few commands:

Sys.getenv("PATH")
Sys.getenv("BINPREF")
readLines("~/.R/Makevars.win")
readLines("~/.Rprofile")
readLines("~/.Renviron")

Here are the outputs I obtain when running those:

> Sys.getenv("PATH")
[1] "C:\\Program Files\\R\\R-4.0.3\\bin\\x64;C:\\Windows\\System32;C:\\Windows;C:\\Windows\\System32\\wbem;C:\\Windows\\System32\\WindowsPowerShell\\v1.0;C:\\Windows\\System32\\OpenSSH;C:\\Program Files\\Git\\cmd;C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SQL Server\\130\\Tools\\Binn;C:\\Users\\irn13\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python38-32\\Scripts;C:\\Users\\irn13\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python38-32;C:\\Users\\irn13\\AppData\\Local\\Microsoft\\WindowsApps;;C:\\Program Files\\JetBrains\\PyCharm Community Edition 2019.3.4\\bin;;C:\\Users\\irn13\\AppData\\Roaming\\TinyTeX\\bin\\win32"
> Sys.getenv("BINPREF")
[1] ""
> readLines("~/.R/Makevars.win")
[1] ""                                                                                
[2] "CXX14FLAGS=-O3 -mtune=native -mmmx -msse -msse2 -msse3 -mssse3 -msse4.1 -msse4.2"
> readLines("~/.Rprofile")
Error in file(con, "r") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(con, "r") :
  cannot open file 'C:/Users/irn13/OneDrive/Documentos/.Rprofile': No such file or directory
> readLines("~/.Renviron")
[1] "CENSUS_API_KEY='a4163378432ff8af238a7e27d2e92e33602138c7'"

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

More information on that error and how to fix it are in this section of the Wiki

This will be fixed in the next release

Problem solved! Thank you very much!

1 Like