git log --reverse in the Stan repo shows emails like this:
The part after my email is the original svn hash, I think.
I’m thinking about stuff like:
- how are pull requests that span multiple repos handled?
- how do we tell committers and reviewers that they have to be more careful about scoping the contributions more carefully since it can actually affect other repos?
- who merges?
- how are PRs triaged?
- what labels will there be on issues and pull requests?
- what do we do about all the existing PRs and open issues?
- will we have one common standard across the mono-repo? If not, then why wouldn’t the other interfaces be part of this?
Not all of that has to be answered. I’d just like to know that the effect of this change has been thought through reasonably before embarking on it. I’m still supportive of it.