R-stan compilation Error possibly related to c++14

Hello, stan community!

Additional discussion on problem I am dealing with could be found there

I am trying to run classical r-stan example from this official tutorial. But I can’t because I get the following error message:

Ben Goodrich suggested to set Sys.setenv(USE_CXX14=1) and include the following lines to Makevars file:

CXX14=g++
CXX14FLAGS=-O3

But I still get the same error message. I also have been trying to install.packages(“https://win-builder.r-project.org/OdTz9MCBT96j/rstan_2.18.1.zip”, repos = NULL) but then I can’t run library(‘rsatn’) as I get:

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘rstan’ in rbind(info, getNamespaceInfo(env, “S3methods”)):
number of columns of matrices must match (see arg 2)

Please help me to figure out this problem.

Will be very greatfull for help!

When you get the error involving rbind(info, getNamespaceInfo(env, "S3methods")), can you post the output of traceback(). Also, when restarting R you have to make sure that there are no stanfit objects being autoloaded into your session via the .RData file in the startup directory.

Is it working now?

Traceback return the following

If you do require(rstan) instead of library(rstan) does it give you anything different?

It gives the same error message.

Загрузка требуемого пакета: rstan
Загрузка требуемого пакета: ggplot2
Загрузка требуемого пакета: StanHeaders
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘rstan’ in rbind(info, getNamespaceInfo(env, “S3methods”)):
number of columns of matrices must match (see arg 2)
Warning message:
пакет ‘rstan’ был собран под R версии 3.6.0

OK. Maybe do remove.packages("rstan"), restart R cleanly, do install.packages("rstan") but then put

CXX14 = g++ -std=c++1y
CXX14FLAGS = -O3 -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-function

into your ~/.R/Makevars file before trying to compile any Stan models.

Hello, Ben!

Sorry for nonresponding for so loing as I was extremely bussy.

I made these steps but then I get the following message:

Error in compileCode(f, code, language = language, verbose = verbose) :
Compilation ERROR, function(s)/method(s) not created! C:/R/R-3.5.1/library/StanHeaders/libs/x64/StanHeaders.dll: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
In addition: Warning message:
In readLines(file, warn = TRUE) :
incomplete final line found on ‘D:\Р’РЁР­\3 РєСѓСЂСЃ\РЎРѕРЅСЏ\8schools.stan’

If cat(strsplit(Sys.getenv(“PATH”), “;”)[[1]], sep = “\n”) shows anything pertaining to mingw_32 (which appears likely), then you need to remove it from your PATH using something like

Thank you for detailed steps! I has been following them carefully. And I get 10. However, I still get the error when trying to build a model:

Error in compileCode(f, code, language = language, verbose = verbose) :
Compilation ERROR, function(s)/method(s) not created! g++: not found
make: *** [file20246b3242fb.o] Error 127
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In readLines(file, warn = TRUE) :
incomplete final line found on ‘D:\Р’РЁР­\3 РєСѓСЂСЃ\РЎРѕРЅСЏ\8schools.stan’
2: In system(cmd, intern = !verbose) :
running command ‘C:/R/R-35~1.1/bin/x64/R CMD SHLIB file20246b3242fb.cpp 2> file20246b3242fb.cpp.err.txt’ had status 1

My path looks likeRtools

You should uninstall Rtools 3.4 and then make sure your path has nothing pertaining to mingw_32 or mingw_64. Once you do that, you can also try

pkgbuild::has_build_tools(debug = TRUE)

I made these steps and the commant returns TRUE. But the error reamins the same when I am building the model.

I have totally reinstalled all R related stuff following new installation guide https://github.com/stan-dev/rstan/wiki/Installing-RStan-on-Windows

Now all works greate! Thank you very much for your exensive help!

P.S. While installing R-tools I made my path look exactly like tutorial ones removeing all other rows.