PyStan 3.0 Release Candidate 1 is now available on PyPI. Please test this release.
New in PyStan 3.0 Release Candidate 1:
- Stan 2.26.1
- Plugin system (#215). Developers can write packages which analyze or post-process samples.
- Frequently Asked Questions documentation section, featuring “How can I use PyStan with Jupyter Notebook?”.
New in PyStan 3:
- Automatic caching of compiled Stan models
- Automatic caching of samples from Stan models
- Open source software: ISC License
- CVODES support out-of-the-box.
- Timely releases. PyStan 3 releases appear within 48 hours of Stan releases with probability greater than ⅔.
Requirements: Python 3.7 or higher; macOS or Linux.
python3 -m pip install --pre pystan
Release date for PyStan 3.0 Final: 25. March
Upgrading to PyStan 3 from PyStan 2:
- Upgrading to Newer Releases summarizes the changes. There are many backwards-incompatible changes in PyStan 3.0.
- Only the recommended sampler (No-U-Turn Sampler) is currently supported.
- Recent Linux version required. Linux users with older operating systems may have problems using wheels from PyPI. Ubuntu 20.04 and Debian Bullseye should work. Users with an older version of GCC or Clang need to install httpstan from source before installing pystan.
- Using PyStan 3 in a Jupyter Notebook requires an extra configuration step. See the FAQ.
- Windows is not supported at this time.