Planning the 2.29 release

Hey @mitzimorris or @WardBrian can you maybe help us with Google Collab update to a newer version? I don’t have access to manage that, thank you!

1 Like

yes, I can help, what do you need?
builds on a collab instance?

Not entirely sure, I would assume to just sync collab with our latest versions in GitHub. @aakhmetz can you please add anything that I’ve missed or that you might need from Mitzi ? Thanks!

sounds great to me - nothing else to add
Thanks!

The collab workflow is defined here

I believe colab-cmdstan-2.23.0.tar.gz is simply the result of installing cmdstan on a collab machine and then turning the cmdstan folder into a tarball.

1 Like

update: this notebook does the build and will let you download it.
it also has logic to save everything to Google Cloud Platform storage, but we don’t have that.

4 Likes

Any updates to the schedule? Curious to know when there might be a tagged release candidate to test.

I think we are just waiting on the below PR and then we should be good!

@WardBrian I think this is the first release of ‘.stanfunctions’ ending. Is that documented? Need any help?

I gave it some minor documenting here: Document .stanfunctions capability by WardBrian · Pull Request #434 · stan-dev/docs · GitHub if you can think of more to say that would be great!

Unfortunately, there was another delay. As Steve mentioned there is a critical issue we need to address.

Also see Release 2.29.0 checklist · Issue #1073 · stan-dev/cmdstan · GitHub

This is the release-related issue.

1 Like

The PR has been approved and will be merged shortly (waiting for tests to pass).

Given that we do not want to do a RC release on a Friday, we will post the release candidate on Monday (if @serban-nicusor is available), which is also when the freeze will officially start.

I apologize for dragging this a bit, we did want to make sure this bug was squashed. Anyone that wants to follow the progress of the release candidate and the actual release, please subscribe to the issue I linked in the post above.

10 Likes

httpstan tests seem to be passing on the release candidate. Thanks for all the work on this!

5 Likes