Monthly Math development meeting: 6/20/2019, 10 am

Just a reminder, we have our next Math meeting online on Thursday, June 20, 10 am Eastern time.

This meeting will be open to all those that currently contribute to the Math library or that would like to contribute to the Math library. If you’d like an invite to the Google Calendar event, please DM me with your Google handle. If you’d like to just have a copy of the event on your calendar, please use this link:

Reminder:

• this is a chance to collaborate and coordinate efforts. We’re expecting everyone to be kind and courteous. And patient. We have a team with diverse backgrounds.
  • impactful decisions will not be made at these meetings. That will continue to be done online on these forums. The meetings are a good time to discuss and get on the same page, but the decision making will be done online where we can include the opinions of others that can’t make the meeting.
  • important discussions that happen at the meeting will be communicated back online on these forums. If they don’t make it back here, it wasn’t important. No one will be penalized for not being present at a meeting.

I don’t have an agenda yet, but please post here if there’s something specific you’d like to talk about.

(I’m hoping I’ll finish the performance testing of the thread local storage pull request by meeting time.)

2 Likes

I suggest we go through Math PRs that pass tests and are awaiting review. We should discuss them and see if anyone volunteers for review or suggest someone else for review. Or conclude that they should be closed for not being worth the ROI of the review process at this time or some other reason.

I have a flight that Thursday morning. At least this time I have an excuse for missing the meeting other than “D’oh!”

2 Likes