Sorry for the late reminder. We have our monthly Math meetings on the third Thursday of the month. The next Math meeting is Thursday, Nov 21, 2019, 10 am Eastern time. This will last no more than one hour; if we need more time, we will schedule additional time.
This meeting is open to all those that currently contribute to the Math library or that would like to contribute to the Math library. If you’d like an invite to the Google Calendar event, please DM me with your Google handle. If you’d like to just have a copy of the event on your calendar, please use this link:
Direct Google Meet link: https://meet.google.com/hhm-gnpt-jnp
- this is a chance to collaborate and coordinate efforts. We’re expecting everyone to be kind and courteous. And patient. We have a team with diverse backgrounds.
- impactful decisions will not be made at these meetings. That will continue to be done online on these forums. The meetings are a good time to discuss and get on the same page, but the decision making will be done online where we can include the opinions of others that can’t make the meeting.
- important discussions that happen at the meeting will be communicated back online on these forums. If they don’t make it back here, it wasn’t important. No one will be penalized for not being present at a meeting.
If there’s anything you know you want to talk about, please post here. This is a good time to request help from others if there’s expertise that you need.
It was a short meeting (~30 minutes). We talked about two things:
More general signatures
- The goal: having generic Eigen templates pass through.
- Just had status and discussed some of the reasons why this might be hard.
- In order to do this well, we might have to have Stan call the Math library with more generic templates.
Hopefully we’ll see you next month!