Leaders, Moderators, Administrators - Yearly Wrap-up 2021

Thanks to everybody who responded so far!

Note: “not contributing in 6 months” is not a criterium I am aware of, although we want all mods/leaders to be at least a bit active (as discussed at Selection and accountability for forum moderators and leaders). It is mostly a step towards accountability, transparency and a bit more security. Accountability in that there is currently no other process where community can provide input on leaders/mods and it reminds the SGB/Community manager to periodically evaluate if the leaders/mods currently in place and the processes surrounding them serve the community well. Transparency in that it makes it more discoverable who is actually managing the forums and not having inactive people on the list makes it clear who is/could be responsible. Security in that less people having advanced privileges means smaller attack surface. Last time we did this we discovered some people didn’t even know they have privileges, so making sure people still want to bear the (limited) responsibility associated with the privileges is also useful. I don’t think the current process is doing a lot in either of those categories, but I hope it is doing something useful and it is minimally intrusive/annoying

Does that make sense?

1 Like