Leaders, Moderators, Administrators - Yearly Wrap-up 2020

This is the first “yearly wrap-up” for users with extended privileges on Discourse (leaders, moderators, administrators).

The TL;DR is that we expect everybody who currently has privileges on Discourse to say whether they want to continue having those privileges (no response means giving up the privilege). This is also a space for users to ask for more privileges or nominate others that they believe should have more privileges. You can also nominate others or yourself by a private message to the Community Manager (me) or the SGB. Preferably, privileged users or new nominees would also share past accomplishments/experiences and plans/visions for the future of the forum.

All users ale also welcome to voice their feedback/wishes/… for privileged users.

The period to react here is until the end of October (anytime on earth).

Read Selection and accountability for forum moderators and leaders for a full description of what this means, what individual roles can do and what we expect of privileged users.

As I write this, the privileged users are:

Administrators

(can do literally anything on the site)

Moderators:

(can edit/moderate all public content, can ban users)

Leaders:

(can edit/reformat posts, recategorize topics and other mostly maintanence/gardening tasks)

@seantalts, @rybern, @lauren, @nhuurre, @ducoveen, @vianeylb, @andre.pfeuffer, @Max_Mantei, @Ara_Winter, @arya, @serban-nicusor, @Adam_Haber, @mcol, @tadej, @maxbiostat, @anon79882417, @enetsee, @roualdes, @breckbaldwin, @mgorinova, @jrnold, @robertgrant, @Marcus_Brubaker, @Erik_Strumbelj, @rok_cesnovar, @stevebronder, @andrjohns, @Matthijs, @yizhang, @jonah, @paul.buerkner, @betanalpha

Thank you all, you’ve been great!

It takes a lot of effort to keep this site helpful and nice and I am glad you took your part. Looking forward to working closely with those who choose to keep their active roles and hope that I will get to see everybody else at least once in a while!

8 Likes

I’ll kick this off by saying that I want to keep the admin privileges as I am continually doing small tweaks to how Discourse works (e.g. tags/category settings, the notification on private messages), which require this.

I’d also like to stay as a Community Manager for a while longer. I’ll do a more thorough status update on this later.

5 Likes

I would like to continue having my priveleges as a discourse leader.

4 Likes

I am happy where I am at in the Leader category.

4 Likes

👍👍👍👍

3 Likes

I don’t mind being in the leader category, although I don’t expect I will be often using leader privileges.

4 Likes

I’d like to continue helping out as a leader. :)

4 Likes

I am also in.

4 Likes

I am also happy to announce that @torkar volunteered to help on the forums as a Leader, which I gladly accept.

5 Likes

I’d be happy to help as I said to Martin. I’m here a number of times a week and even though I can’t answer all questions, I know more and more about who can answer what :)

7 Likes

Count me in!

4 Likes

Me too! :)

4 Likes

I’m in too.

4 Likes

I’m happy to continue being a Leader. Heavy teaching has prevented me from being on here as often as I’d like, but next semester should be calmer on that front.

5 Likes

I’d like to continue to be labeled as developer 👍

4 Likes

Please count me in.

4 Likes

Thanks Martin, I’m happy to continue in my roles.

3 Likes

Cheers Martin, happy to keep my privileges

4 Likes

Happy to continue in the same role. I hope to be more active in the upcomming months than I have been in the last few. Best, Duco

5 Likes

I also should add that @mitzimorris intends to continue as a moderator while @rybern is happy as a member of the dev team group (which we don’t discuss here) but does not need Leader’s privileges. (we discussed both via personal messages).

2 Likes