Hiring USGS mathematical statistician position using Stan

We are recruiting multiple mathematical statistician at UMESC. One person with be doing bat modelling with Wayne Thogmartin and the second will be working with me to model invasive carp. Wayne’s position can be based either in La Crosse WI or Hawaii. My position will only be based in La Crosse, WI.

The invasive carp modeler will work to estimate carp demographic rates and use the results with carp population models. We are using an integral projection model for the population modeling. The carp modeling work will guild control in the sub-basins of the Mississippi River. The project currently uses Stan for the model for these models (e.g., UMESC / fishStan · GitLab (usgs.gov)).

Both positions will have an opportunity to develop independent research projects within the scope of their respective projects (e.g., the person in the carp modeling position might examine different statistical parameterization methods, mathematical modeling approaches, comparison of spatial patterns in carp demographic rates).

I have attached the position flyer and the positions are currently open on USGS jobs https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586963700

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have technical questions about the carp modeling position.

7 Likes