Extracting Random coefficients for a predictor with corresponding ID

Hi

First time user of brms: After running a model with brms (see the model specs below)

brmsmod1 <- brm( sales ~ tvgrps_80+radiogrps_40+displaygrps_30+(tvgrps_80 | dma_id),
data = salesdat, family = gaussian(),
*warmup = 500, iter = 2000, chains = 4, *
control = list(adapt_delta = 0.97), cores=8, seed=123)

I’m able to extract random coefficients for TV grps at a DMA level using the
tvdmalevel <- ranef(brmsmod1) # separate coefficient for every one of the 220 DMAs.

I exported the data frame “tvdmalevel” to a csv file using *write.csv" command but the output file did not have the DMA_ID for 220 dmas

What am I doing wrong? Does brms have a method which will allow me to extract the ID column also to be part of the randomized coefficients output?

Thanks for your help - Rahul

returns a list of 3D arrays (one per grouping factor) (according to the document). The first dimension is the dma_id. I think you could assign dma_id to the csv file yourself.

Thank you so much @Zhanglong and my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I came down with covid and it has only now I’m back on my feet. If you see my syntax, I used

tvdmalevel <- ranef(brmsmod1)

and the resulting data frame did not have the dma_id. Am I doing something wrong or missing something in the data extracted? I will go back and check my output once again or rerun it.

Thanks again - Rahul

Hi Rahul, how about using row.names(tvdmalevel)?
For me, it gives me the group names.
Or in the process of exporting it to the csv file, use write.csv(tvdmalevel,"output.csv",row.names = TRUE).
Cheers.

Thank you again . I will try that and get back.

Rahul