Error while compiling in the R package brms

I’m trying to run a simple model using the brms package in R, and I get this error:

fit1 ← brm(atrisk ~ distance_to_border+ (1|tag_id),data = subsetCOAs, family = zero_inflated_binomial())
Using the maximum response value as the number of trials.
Only 2 levels detected so that family ‘bernoulli’ might be a more efficient choice.
Compiling the C++ model
Error in file(con, “r”) : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning messages:
1: Using ‘binomial’ families without specifying ‘trials’ on the left-hand side of the model formula is deprecated.
2: In system(cmd, intern = !verbose) :
running command ‘C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-35~1.2/bin/x64/R CMD SHLIB file19a843fc208d.cpp 2> file19a843fc208d.cpp.err.txt’ had status 65535
3: In file(con, “r”) :
cannot open file ‘file19a843fc208d.cpp.err.txt’: No such file or directory
Error in sink(type = “output”) : invalid connection

In case it helps, when I run Sys.getenv(“PATH”) I can see Rtools there:

Sys.getenv(“PATH”)
[1] “C:\Program Files\R\R-3.5.2\bin\x64;C:\Rtools\bin;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;c:\Rtools\bin;c:\Rtools\gcc-4.6.3\bin;C:\Program Files\Broadcom\Broadcom 802.11;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86;C:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AGL;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\syswow64;C:\Strawberry\c\bin;C:\Strawberry\perl\site\bin;C:\Strawberry\perl\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoFirma\AutoFirma”

Thanks for your help,
David

Could it be that for some reason, you (or R) have no rights to write files in the temporary directory?
Does it happen for other models as well on that machine?

I’m administrator at my computer, so I don’t know. Never happened before with other models r packages…

@bgoodri do you have an idea what is happening here?

The status 65535 thing has come up before and has many Google hits, but I don’t know of anyone who has figured out how to fix it.