Error installing mingw32-make via RTools43

Hi! I have been trying to install CmdStanR and get it to work on my laptop using the C++ toolchain tutorial listed here, however, I keep running into an error when trying to install the mingw32-make utility via Bash in RTools43.

$ pacman -Syu mingw-w64-x86_64-make
:: Synchronizing package databases…
clangarm64.db failed to download
mingw32.db failed to download
mingw64.db failed to download
ucrt64.db failed to download
clang32.db failed to download
error: failed retrieving file ‘clangarm64.db’ from mirror.msys2.org : error setting certificate file: /usr/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt
error: failed retrieving file ‘mingw32.db’ from mirror.msys2.org : error setting certificate file: /usr/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt
error: failed retrieving file ‘ucrt64.db’ from mirror.msys2.org : error setting certificate file: /usr/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt
warning: too many errors from mirror.msys2.org, skipping for the remainder of this transaction

There are many more of errors that are similar to these, where it fails to retrieve the file from some mirror. Does anyone know what I can try to hopefully resolve this issue?

Many thanks in advance!

As an addendum:
I don’t know what system specs would be helpful to include, but I’m on a Thinkpad T14s Gen 4, with Windows 11 Home.

Are you behind a firewall of any kind (corporation, university, etc)?

Hi! Thanks so much for replying! I had tried this both on a University network, and also the network at my living community, but I don’t know how to know if I was behind a firewall.

I also ended up getting the download to work, by installing it via RTools42 instead of RTools43. Do you have any idea as to why that might be the case?

Thanks again!