What are the features which would help you using cmdstan in Emacs?

Maybe a convenient way to keep track of the results of different models? I try to do this manually with org and magit, but if the combined (data, code, output) could be tracked together it would be nice. In org I write down the git commit and a timestamp and then some notes about the results (e.g. divergent transitions, such and such modification did or didn’t help, etc.). I usually fail to keep track of the actual results of intermediate work though and sometimes need to backtrack and run things again – or I make multiple changes without committing etc. If every time you ran the model, it automatically asked me for some notes and then commit the code to git it would help streamline.

agreed, workflow management is important; however, could result in lots of big-ish files. document workflow encapsulation of model, data, output files · Issue #251 · stan-dev/cmdstanpy · GitHub

Beginnings of a Stan linter here: GitHub - breckbaldwin/stan_linter: Linter for .stan programs, pretty simple but I find it useful. Feel free to steal/extend…

Breck

1 Like