Problem running RStan with simulated data in R

Thanks a ton for your reply and help. Yes, I check with iter=8000 and warmup=4000 (previous iterations=15000 and warmup=7500).

Thank you in advance!

Have you tried the cmdstanr package?

Actually, now I have some problems with installing and executing simulations in cmdstanr. I will report back after running with it, thanks for the support @andrjohns.

Kind regards,
Eisa

Dear Andrew,
I was installed cmdstanr package on Windows 10, but I couldnā€™t run my model and encountered with the following error in cmdstanr.
"
Compiling Stan programā€¦
makefile:139: make/command: No such file or directory
Error: An error occured during compilation! See the message above for more information.
".

Do you have any recommendation to solve this issue @andrjohns?

Thank you!

1 Like

Dear Andrew @andrjohns,

I want to inform you that I installed cmdstanr and try to run my simulation with 50 iterations. But, I got an error during the execution.
Can anyone help me to solve this problem? Any suggestions to solve this error would be appreciated

"
Model executable is up to date!
Running MCMC with 1 chainā€¦
Chain 1 Rejecting initial value:
Chain 1 Log probability evaluates to log(0), i.e. negative infinity.
Chain 1 Stan canā€™t start sampling from this initial value.
Chain 1 Initialization failed.
Warning: Chain 1 finished unexpectedly!
Error: No chains finished successfully. Unable to retrieve the draws.
In addition: Warning message:
Error: No chains finished successfully. Unable to retrieve the draws.
".

So weā€™re back to failing initialization. Have you tried init=0 or whatever is the CmdStan equivalent? Does the model have reject() statements?

Thank you very much @andrjohns for your support. Yeah, I ran the model with init=0 and previously suggested reject() statements.