Guide: Diagnosing a complete lack of output on Windows

In my case, I only have

where.exe tbb.dll
C:\Windows\System32\tbb.dll

and I do have Visual studio installed and use an Intel CPU but this does seem to relate the the message that I get at the end of building:

NOTE: Please add C:/Users/Polly/Documents/.cmdstan/cmdstan-2.33.1/stan/lib/stan_math/lib/tbb to your PATH variable.

You may call

mingw32-make install-tbb

to automatically update your user configuration.

Is the problem you describe here also the reason why I
a) get the following message when I try to run a brms model via cmdstnr:

Before it says they are not finished, it always gives me the “In the file included message” if I am not working than this message is also red in the building process but I don’t if they are related.

Compiling Stan program...
In file included from stan/lib/stan_math/stan/math/prim/prob/von_mises_lccdf.hpp:5,
                 from stan/lib/stan_math/stan/math/prim/prob/von_mises_ccdf_log.hpp:4,
                 from stan/lib/stan_math/stan/math/prim/prob.hpp:356,
                 from stan/lib/stan_math/stan/math/prim.hpp:16,
                 from stan/lib/stan_math/stan/math/rev.hpp:14,
                 from stan/lib/stan_math/stan/math.hpp:19,
                 from stan/src/stan/model/model_header.hpp:4,
                 from C:/Users/Polly/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpK6GjaK/model-d684e643b1f.hpp:2:
stan/lib/stan_math/stan/math/prim/prob/von_mises_cdf.hpp: In function 'stan::return_type_t<T_x, T_sigma, T_l> stan::math::von_mises_cdf(const T_x&, const T_mu&, const T_k&)':
stan/lib/stan_math/stan/math/prim/prob/von_mises_cdf.hpp:194: note: '-Wmisleading-indentation' is disabled from this point onwards, since column-tracking was disabled due to the size of the code/headers
  194 |       if (cdf_n < 0.0)
      | 

stan/lib/stan_math/stan/math/prim/prob/von_mises_cdf.hpp:194: note: adding '-flarge-source-files' will allow for more column-tracking support, at the expense of compilation time and memory

Start sampling
Error in cmdstanr::read_cmdstan_csv(out$output_files(), variables = "",  : 
  Assertion on 'files' failed: No file provided.
In addition: Warning message:
No chains finished successfully. Unable to retrieve the fit. 

and b) sometimes even rstan seems to fail saying it can access some .txt file.

When using brms how do I do Fix 1? Where is my model .exe in this case?