Dealing with Catalina III

Something weird is happening. when I update the software for command line tools, it says:
" “Command Line Tools for Xcode” is no longer needed for your computer, or is already installed.

then when I run Xcode-select --install on terminal, it ask would you like to install the tools, I click on install, it starts finding the software, then give an error: “Can’t install the software because it is not currently available from the software update server” and then again the software update comes up.

I am in a kind of a loop. Any suggestions?

Start Xcode and then it should say something like “Installing additional components”.

I installed Xcode 12 and command line tools for Xcode version 12, both from apple developers. when I am exciting the function I get these messages:
sh: clang++ -mmacosx-version-min=10.13: command not found
The NEXT version of Stan will not be able to pre-process your Stan program.
Please open an issue at
https://github.com/stan-dev/stanc3/issues
if you can share or at least describe your Stan program. This will help ensure that Stan
continues to work on your Stan programs in the future. Thank you!
This message can be avoided by wrapping your function call inside suppressMessages().

and after the model runs I get these warning messages:

Warning messages:
1: In readLines(file, warn = TRUE) :
incomplete final line found on ‘/Users/usmanahmed/Desktop/r-stan/exampleModel.stan’
2: In system2(CXX, args = ARGS) : error in running command
3: In file.remove(c(unprocessed, processed)) :
cannot remove file ‘/var/folders/mk/4l6qwc5d3hj1sfwjlmc35pjw0000gn/T//RtmpBskQzw/file29f30745fc.stan’, reason ‘No such file or directory’

Does these warning messages affect the model?

Thank you for your help in getting the model running!

What do you get when you type which clang++ in the terminal?

I get
/usr/bin/clang++

Hi,

do you get an object which you can draw samples from?

And, you wrote,

what function are you talking about?

I mean that when I execute the function i.e. fit the model using stan() command. yes I do get an object. I think that the model is working but now sure why I am getting the warning messages.

Great! Hopefully it works now since I don’t have more ideas what can be wrong. I believe @bgoodri or @andrjohns mentioned that these warnings were not that big a deal? :)

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help

1 Like