Stan the Gathering: Jan 13, 11am EST

Hangouts Link: https://meet.google.com/gzm-wmum-pfm

Instructions: Ask to attend in the hangouts interface and someone should let you in in the first 10 minutes of the meeting. Email mitzi212@gmail.com

Please add your agenda items in replies.

2 Likes

recyclying last week’s announcement for this week - everyone’s welcome to join, please add agenda items in reponses

2 Likes

notes from today’s meeting:

CmdStanR is fast approaching 1.0 status - Jonah and Rok would like to know about any issues or problems that need to be addressed before then.

CmdStanPy v1.0.0 will be released next week (unless blocking issue arises - none so far)

lots of R-hat news: Charles has two pre-prints on arxiv, including - [2110.13017] Nested $\hat R$: Assessing Convergence for Markov chain Monte Carlo when using many short chains and Aki’s been doing further evaluations related to [1903.08008] Rank-normalization, folding, and localization: An improved $\widehat{R}$ for assessing convergence of MCMC

Max Mantei from the SGB - upcoming elections - more info coming soon.

3 Likes

the US will switch over from daylight savings time (sommartid) to standard time this Sunday, making today’s meeting (Nov 4) the last DST meeting of 2021.

Europe has already switched, so the meeting is this week one hour earlier for us (next week back to the usual time difference)

1 Like

northern hemisphere now on winter time! please add agenda items below.

updating announcement at last minute - all are welcome!

topics for Dec 9th meeting: winter break?
(would be summer break for friends down under, but 11am NYC time is not their tempo)

1 Like

I cannot attend today but want you all to know that @jgaeb, @rok_cesnovar, @WardBrian, @ivan-bocharov, and me (if I’ve missed someone please let me know) have updated a bunch of the Stan syntax highlighters.

Updated / PR Pending

PrismJS
VS-code
highlight.js
rouge-ruby
JupyterLab
Stan Language Definitions
Used by:

• Emacs
  • Atom
  • Pygments
  • LaTeX package lstbayes

Needs updating

Vim at version 2.26

7 Likes

I should note that while Stan-Language-Definitions is used by those other packages I think they will still need separate PRs to actually merge the changes and make some other adjustments (like highlighting 3i properly)

What does the forum use, I wonder? It needs an update too

complex z = 3i;
real x = 10e3;

discourse uses highlight.js. That pr should be merged soon, then there’s probably something to update in the discourse server to grab the most recent version highlight.js

2 Likes

Cool. Zulip uses Pygments, so the syntax highlighting for Stan will stay up to date there, too. We’ve been using Zulip for BDA course at Aalto, and support for Stan syntax has been nice.

1 Like

last meeting of 2021 and Beethoven’s birthday.

2 Likes

Unlikely I will be able to join, but if someone can post a link to the release planning post to get everyone notified, I would very much appreciate that: Planning the 2.29 release

Hangouts Link: https://meet.google.com/gzm-wmum-pfm

Instructions: Ask to attend in the hangouts interface and someone should let you in in the first 10 minutes of the meeting. Email thestoropoli@gmail.com

Please add your agenda items in replies.