Getting error for a fresh install of 2.27

Hi,

I have a fresh install of version 2.27 and the error I am getting is the following,

Chain 1 profile_file=/tmp/Rtmp59AICS/diff_without_admix-profile-202106230150-1-7312ff.csv is either mistyped or misplaced.

Chain 1 A method must be specified!

Chain 2 profile_file=/tmp/Rtmp59AICS/diff_without_admix-profile-202106230150-2-7312ff.csv is either mistyped or misplaced.

Chain 2 A method must be specified!

Chain 3 profile_file=/tmp/Rtmp59AICS/diff_without_admix-profile-202106230150-3-7312ff.csv is either mistyped or misplaced.

Chain 3 A method must be specified!

Warning message:
“Chain 1 finished unexpectedly!
”
Warning message:
“Chain 2 finished unexpectedly!
”
Warning message:
“Chain 3 finished unexpectedly!
”
Warning message:
“All chains finished unexpectedly! Use the $output(chain_id) method for more information.
”

When I changed the cmdstan path to a 2.25 version of the installation, I am not getting the error. Any help would be great. As the program ran on another version of STAN, therefore I don’t think anything is wrong in particular with the model.

Best,

1 Like

Hi,
sorry for not getting to you earlier. This is indeed a bit strange.

Do I get it right that you are using cmdstanr ? If so, what version of cmdstanr are you using? Can you try with the latest version from GitHub?

Hope you can get this resolved quickly

I’m also getting issues with this same installation version - cmdstanr version 0.4.0, the latest one on github (installed using

install.packages("cmdstanr", repos = c("https://mc-stan.org/r-packages/", getOption("repos")))

Is there any update on this?

Adding a reply in case anyone else finds this issue. I had this same problem. For me it was solved by just recompiling the models. It seems the compiled executable stores some file paths in it, so if you move files or change installations it can cause an error when it tries to run using the old model executable.

3 Likes