BRMS running time

fitting-issues
performance

I will do that, thanks a lot.
Please let me know whenever you think there is something I could usefully add to the model, as I will be running the same analysis on many similar data frames in the next weeks.
Thanks again!

the model I run which lasted 10 hours gave these results:

There were 4000 transitions after warmup that exceeded the maximum treedepth. Increase max_treedepth above 10. See
http://mc-stan.org/misc/warnings.html#maximum-treedepth-exceededExamine the pairs() plot to diagnose sampling problems
The model has not converged (some Rhats are > 1.1). Do not analyse the results! 
We recommend running more iterations and/or setting stronger priors.

I will now rerun using
prior = prior(normal(0, 5), class = "b")
and
stan(..., control = list(max_treedepth = 15))
and see how it goes.
Sorry for updating you, its the first time I use it and its for my PhD, and thought you might advise in case I am doing anything wrong.
Thank you

Sorry to bother you again, Paul, but its been two days trying to figure out the cause of this error with no results.

Error in check_autocor(autocor) : '...' used in an incorrect context
My model is :

modA <- brm(
Change ~ Pretest + Group + PoS + Verbal_freq + Band_freq + Imageability + Cognateness + Characters + Syllables + (1|Subject) + (1| Word),
stan(..., control = list(max_treedepth = 15)),
data = wf.ChangeDV.PreCov,
family = 'categorical',
prior = prior(normal(0, 5), class = "b"))

Could you please advise me on this?

The stan(...) stuff should not be there. Instead, go for

modA <- brm(
Change ~ Pretest + Group + PoS + Verbal_freq + Band_freq + Imageability + Cognateness + Characters + Syllables + (1|Subject) + (1| Word),
data = wf.ChangeDV.PreCov,
family = 'categorical',
prior = prior(normal(0, 5), class = "b"),
control = list(max_treedepth = 15))

It worked! Thank you very much and happy new year : )