Error: All 'mu' parameters are specified so that the right-hand side of 'formula' is unused

Hi,

I get an error message “Fitting imputed model 2
Error: All ‘mu’ parameters are specified so that the right-hand side of ‘formula’ is unused.” when running the following code:

fit_t4_imp<-
brm_multiple(
SuggestedManagement ~ ieta_hist.age + knot + bmi + invisible.endometrium + bright.edge + col.score + single.dominant + non.uniform + cyst + endometrial.thickness
+ (1 | rater),
data = imp,
chains=1,
prior=prior,
family = categorical(),
seed=1986
)

The model runs fine when I don’t use multiple imputation. I reinstalled brms from github after reading about the bug reported (https://github.com/paul-buerkner/brms/issues/455). The problem occurs with the second imputed dataset, sampling occurs normally for the first. Inspecting the second imputed dataset doesn’t reveal anything strange.

What does the error message mean?

Best wishes,
Laure

To add, running the code for the second completed dataset alone works fine too.

try_second_alone<-
brm(
SuggestedManagement ~ ieta_hist.age + knot + bmi + invisible.endometrium + bright.edge + col.score + single.dominant + non.uniform + cyst + endometrial.thickness
+ (1 | rater),
data = complete(imp,2),
chains=1,
prior=prior,
family = categorical(),
seed=1986
)

Seems to be a problem with the update.brmsfit method being called internally in brm_multiple. I will take a look at that.

If you try installing it from github again, it should be working.

1 Like