Compilation ERROR when running on lsf cluster Interactive mode

Hello folks,

I am wondering if someone could help.

While running in interactive mode on a lsf cluster the error below came up. Any help would appreciated. (While running the same model locally it ran fine)

Thanks,

Carl Hollins

Compiling the C++ model
Error in compileCode(f, code, language = language, verbose = verbose) :
Compilation ERROR, function(s)/method(s) not created! /bin/sh: g++: command not found
make: *** [filea7c16a3a312b.o] Error 127
In addition: Warning message:
running command ‘/share/pkg/R/3.4.0/lib64/R/bin/R CMD SHLIB filea7c16a3a312b.cpp 2> filea7c16a3a312b.cpp.err.txt’ had status 1
Please also provide the following information in addition to your question:

• Operating System: Running on lsf cluster Linux
  • brms Version: 2.20

It could not find the g++ executable on its path. Are you sure the sysadmin put Rtools on the cluster (correctly)?

I’m not sure to be honest. Our HIGH PERFORMANCE team claims that they don’t support software.

I had to install brms in my personal library. Should Rtools be in the same personal library?

No, Rtools should be installed in the system. It may very well be, but not on the user’s PATH. It would be pretty ironic if a HIGH PERFORMANCE cluster had no compliers. Anyway, system administrators do install software; otherwise there would be no system to administer. That is a qualitatively different than them answering support questions on how to use the software.

Thank you for your help! My test file ran perfectly on the cluster loading the gcc module. Thanks again!
Carl