CmdStan test in Jenkins


#1

@seantalts, can I get some help with why my pull requests are failing in Jenkins? Both seem to be failing the CmdStan tests in Jenkins. Specifically, I see them failing after the follow message:

[Math Pull Request - Upstream - CmdStan] $ /bin/sh -xe /var/folders/8k/9dmd0c0j0h58q068bszjgs2w0000gp/T/jenkins5526816038763299706.sh
+ git clean -d -x -f
+ make stan-update/develop
makefile:29: stan/lib/stan_math/make/libraries: No such file or directory
makefile:34: stan/lib/stan_math/make/default_compiler_options: No such file or directory
makefile:52: stan/lib/stan_math/make/detect_cc: No such file or directory
makefile:62: stan/lib/stan_math/make/detect_os: No such file or directory
find: stan/src/stan/lang: No such file or directory
find: stan/src/stan/lang: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `stan/lib/stan_math/make/detect_os'.  Stop.
Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure

Is there something that I can fix within the pull request? Or, is it something internal to Jenkins?


#2

Could you try merging develop into your branches?


#3

I can pull the develop branch from stan/math into both of the branches; that’s what triggered the latest Jenkins tests that finished.

I also just tried downloading the CmdStan repo onto my computer. When I run make stan-update/develop, I get the following:

makefile:29: stan/lib/stan_math/make/libraries: No such file or directory
makefile:34: stan/lib/stan_math/make/default_compiler_options: No such file or directory
makefile:52: stan/lib/stan_math/make/detect_cc: No such file or directory
makefile:62: stan/lib/stan_math/make/detect_os: No such file or directory
find: stan/src/stan/lang: No such file or directory
find: stan/src/stan/lang: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `stan/lib/stan_math/make/detect_os'.  Stop.

#4

Oh, I see what’s going on - the Jenkins builds use that make target to also
init and pull the subdirectories, but I made the includes non-optional for
those files so the makefiles exit early. Let me fix it…


#5

Alright, I changed all of the upstream builds to do a recursive checkout
when cloning their repos and started a new upstream build for one of your
branches here:
http://d1m1s1b1.stat.columbia.edu:8080/job/Math%20Pull%20Request%20-%20Upstream%20-%20CmdStan/426/
using the technique described here:


#6

Cool. Thanks so much.